Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

Good Morning!!

Hi girls been busy hope everyone is enjoying their summer. The weather here has been beautiful , mid 80's. The plants are also enjoying the cooler air. My plants did not take the move well and it just now looks like they are going to recover.
We have these neighbors that just keep helping themselves to whatever plants they like, so they stripped my peach trees of their peaches, the impatiens of all their flowers and anything else that takes their fancy like the grass that we are trying to bring back from the dead.
But how can you stay mad they're so cute.












Well I thought I would share my project, still in the making, a knit cosmetic bag. I love the stitch, looks hard but its not. I need to line the bag and add a zipper. Will show you when its complete.



front



back

close-up

Also, here is a mosaic lazy susan that I made. Loved how it turned out.






And I haven't posted any pictures of flowers lately, refer to first paragraph. But I was
able to take a of snap of these mums.




Hope your dog days are bearable.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That Mosaic is beautiful! Glad to hear that you are settling into your home nicely!

Beth said...

Love that stitch! What a cute clutch that would make!

Laurie said...

Wow! The mosaic is wonderful. I don't know if I have the patience to do a project of that nature. And the bag is lovely. Are you going to felt it? Love the stitch work.

Next year you will have to come up with some creative way to both feed the deer some "snacks" from your yard as well as protect some of them for yourself.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

vegasangelbrat said...

Great job on the mosasic Jane, its gorgeous! I love that stuff :)
Those types of neighbors are hard to be mad at..realy neat that you could get a shot that close.
Can't wait to see your finished bag..really pretty pattern.
Hope you have a good one too!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Hi Jane,
How nice of you to feed your neighbors! :-) They are cute. We have a fawn outside the office across the river, sweet thing. That cosmetic bag is lovely! And that mosaic is stunning. I love it!