Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hello Tuesday




Well in my first post I said that mosaics had a special place in my heart so I thought that I would share a few pictures of one of my pieces.


Petaluma, the town where I live was once the Chicken Capitol of California so in honor of that I made this cake plate for a local art show. I hand cut all the glass and glue it to a ceramic cake plate that I then grout. The pictures don't do it justice the reds are just beautiful in daylight but at night with ambient lighting its gorgeous.
Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and am enjoying spring break. I am hoping to get out in the yard and do some planting this week. I need to replace a lot of my plants due to the intense freezing that we had this winter. We're not use to such low temps for such an extended period of time. Plus, I bought the cutest tree and I need to get it in a pot. I'll take pictures and show you.
I made chicken pot pie, a huge batch to share with the kids, my son came by to pick his up and to make a delivery to his sister. Its nice to be able to share and it makes their day a little more pleasant to have a home cooked meal (that they didn't have to prepare) when they come home after a days work.
Enjoy your evening,
Jane


1 comment:

Iris G said...

Hey Jane, you are so talented! I love the plate, and yes, I can see how beautiful it must be in the sun!